Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Event Posters


For this project, we had to chose 3 annual Winnipeg events and create posters for them. The first one I did was Fringe Fest. This one was really easy, because Fringe Fest is very unique. So there is pretty much no guidelines for what you can do with the poster. It could really be anything. I chose a picture of one of last years performers, and used the Fringe Fest logo. I also wanted to highlight the Kid's Fringe, because it's a great free way to spend time with your family. The second one I did was The New Music Festival. The theme for this year is earth. So I wanted to find a picture that related to it. Once I got the picture in, I started getting colours that would go well with it. I used lower case on the title, so that I could use upper case on all the other type, to make it look more noticeable. After it was all done, I added in some squiggly green lines, to give it that extra something. The last poster I did was Thin Air. I wanted to put books into this poster somehow because it is a writers festival. So I made a row of books like they are stacked on a shelf. I also wrote the the 100 reasons for the Thin Air festival ending with "awaits for arrival" and the date of the festival. I used a light background to bring it all together. I mostly used InDesign for all of these, but also used Photoshop for some of the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment